Re: [Exim] POP before SMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Guillaume Finance
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] POP before SMTP
Hi,

I read Chap 35 & 36 to put Plain text SMTP auth - to summarise, the
following steps to add SMTP Auth would be (please let me know if this is
correct):

- Add AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes in Local/Makefile

- run make and make install commands in /usr/local/exim/

- In /usr/exim/configuration, put:
-- MAIN CONFIGURATION --
    host_auth_accept_relay = *
    host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1

[create AUTHENTIFICATION CONF after TRANSPORTS CONF and put...]
fixed_plain:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    client_send = ^user^passwd

- restart exim

From this will I expect Exim to provide SMTP Auth (challenge) for clients
wanted to send emails, or have I missed something?

Therefore the users of Outlook Express will have to change the conf of their
account as follows:
In the account, Server / Outgoing mail server : required auth checked, then
in Settings, log as: user + passwd (according to the example above)

Also I guess that shouldn't affect the SMTP job to receive emails sent to
the email addresses managed my the server.

cheers
Guillaume