[Exim] Re: POP before SMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: POP before SMTP
+++ Guillaume Finance [exim-users] <08/09/01 19:43 +0100>:
> Let's say someone connects in the morning to send an email BEFORE checking
> them, which means accessing SMTP before the POP - then if I understood well
> the principles of this system, this person's IP address won't be logged
> into the IP addresses accepted for SMTP connection.
> And that's what happen when u use Outlook Express, which sends first the
> email before checking them.

The (stupid) workaround is to create a dummy profile with the same settings
and set that to be popped first.

Or to set up smtp authentication - and click "this server requires
authentication" in the OE smtp settings.

config.samples tarball has samples of how to set up smtp auth.

> Also I wanted to know if someone managed to use these scripts successfully
> under Linux Slackware 7.

The type of linux shouldn't matter.

    --suresh