Re: [Exim] relay-question about hosts_treat_as_local

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jakob Hirsch
CC: Dave C., exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] relay-question about hosts_treat_as_local
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> What I need is something like
> relay_domains_include_remote_mx = <hostlist...>
> , but I did not found a way to do this with Exim.

I have put this idea on the long term wish list, but it won't be in the
first release of Exim 4. The point is that, at the time Exim has to
accept or refuse an address for relaying, it currently works only with
the domain (which it has). In order to implement your requirement, it
would have to take that domain, and do routing on it, to find out the
host to which it would be sent. Then it could check the host.

This is probably not too hard to do in Exim 4 (where all the policy
stuff is handled in a completely different way), but there isn't time to
do it before the first release. At least, I don't think there will be
time.

Philip