Re: [Exim] ETRN and disconnected host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Para: Jeff Green
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ETRN and disconnected host
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jeff Green wrote:

> The controversial point is whether an MX record is needed for delivery to the
> disconnected host if ETRN is involved. I gather from recent discussions

i think, yes. if i know correctly, once an etrn is received (and no
other special stuff like handcrafter routers and stuff) are involved,
the messages will be delivered according to normal mail delivery
procedure.

> that without the first mx record, or reversed priority (above) all mail would
> bounce as there is no local delivery option. It's tough to convince him

i'm quite sure he's right, although i never tried it (i have just
written a generic domainlist routers instead).

--
[-]