[Exim] Re: SMTP PROBLEM

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim User list
Subject: [Exim] Re: SMTP PROBLEM
+++ Rajesh Menon [exim-users] <07/09/01 21:46 +0530>:
> I have a problem with the SMTP connections increasing to about 20 and
> then all other server relaying thru this will get a cuncurrent
> connection problem. Can anyone let me know what the problem is

This is documented in the exim FAQ. Try setting values for smtp connections
... experiment to see how much load the servers can stand (and check for what
is going on in the mail queue - spam for example, or some spammer trying
"dictionary" attacks by trying to deliver mail to random addresses ...)

If that is the case add an ipchains / ipfilter block on the offending IP.

    -suresh