Re: [Exim] Exim with IMP

Author: Jan Suchanek
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim with IMP
Hello!

Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jan Suchanek wrote:
>
> > A first header rewrite attempt failed:
> >
> > wwwrun@??? $local_part@??? Eh
>
> That is a null rewrite, because $local_part will be set to wwwrun.

Yes, -d 10 told me so ;-) I promise to debug first and then write mail
to this list in the future...
But since the from header is correct I now use this one:

wwwrun@???     $header_from Eh

This one works...

> > Any ideas how to change the return-path header?
>
> I'm not fully aware of what you are trying to do, but maybe the
> errors_to options in various directors and routers could help you.

The problem is that the return-path is set to wwwrun@??? when I
send mails from the IMP web interface. As soon as such a mail hits the
vacation transport the vacation message is send back to the address
found in the return_path, which is wwwrun - not exactly what I wnated...

Btw: there a defined some flags for the rewriting (E the complete
envelope, h all headers, f the from header and so on...). Is there a
special flag for the return path?

Thanks and Greetings, Jan Suchanek

--
Jan Suchanek,
Universitaet Ulm, URG, Fakultaet fuer Informatik,

Tel.: +49/(0)731-5024205, Fax: +49/(0)731-5024202