Re: [Exim] Web based admin

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard rebel
Para: Yann Golanski
CC: Derek Broughton, exim-users
Temas novos: licensing (was Re: [Exim] Web based admin)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Web based admin
Hello,

> <Flame war alert> 'nuff said.

*grin*

> FreeBSD nearly used Exim as its main MTA but couldn't because of the
> lisence? ... or was it Red Hat? Phil?

Interesting point, the licence thing. I'd like to know if anyone has the
details.

> Time in queue is not somethng mrtg can do easily. You have to either
> ripe log files for that (which is slow) or you can open all the files in
> the spool and read those. Both are going to hit your file system...
> Besides, 99% of messages will be delivered right away.

No, but you can run a real-time log watcher that accrues the info. You
can batch it as well. I did this for a sendmail installation that relayed
about 1.5 mil messages per hour sometimes (talk about living in hell). I
found that TIQ was a really good advance indicator of problems such as
umm, Prodigy or AOL or WebTV blocking your mail relay because of
nazi-mail-admins or frankenstein-like-programs that auto-block legitimate
high volume sites. Or congestion problems. It also helps rate how
customers perceive the quality of your mail service as they often notice
the time to delivery and blame it on the first ISP handy.

> Quite fast is not good enough. The problem I had was that it sometimes
> took the perl script more than 5 mins to go throught the spool and I
> wanted the states spaced in 5 mins interval. It wasn't up to the job,
> and I am a good programmer... ;>

Well, sorry if I sounded like you might not be, it wasn't my real intent.

Anyways, perl is not the best solution for everything, altho it is the
swiss-army-knife of languages.

Best,

Richard F. Rebel