Re: [Exim] Web based admin

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derek Broughton
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Web based admin
> Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:03:34 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Dave C." <djc@???>
>
> Really, anyone who is not smart enough to configure a mailer the right
> way, shouldnt really be configuring a mailer at all.
>
> Would you really want your local power company making a 'simple,
> GUI-based' interface to control your local nuclear reactor so that they
> didnt have to hire nucler engineers and instead could just hire
> high school students to run it? I didn't think so.
>
> Granted, a nuclear reactor is slightly more dangerous than an Internet
> mailer.

Sheesh! More unix elitism.

_Nobody_ should have to go to any more trouble than is absolutely necessary
to configure an MTA. You're darn right I'd want my local power company to
create a simple GUI based interface - not so that you could eliminate the
need for 'nuclear engineers' (MY local power company has never used
engineers to operate the plants anyway - I know, because my father used to
train both the engineers and the operators), but so that the engineers don't
make stupid mistakes.
--
derek