Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tamas TEVESZ
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:52:37 +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> that's a lot less effective than endre's version (as xargs is a bit
> more intelligent than a simple for loop).

I don't understand the need for intelligence in this job. You don't
want the normally high number of queue runners around when the queues
are low. You don't want too many queue runners when the queues get
enormous. Typically, I have about 23 queue runners sweeping over my
2,500 message queue. When the queue climbs up beyond 50,000, it's nice
to know I'll have 200 queue runners working it.

Actually, what I really don't understand is how this could be better
than a simple

    exim -bd -q30s

with

    queue_run_max = 200

in the configuration file. I'm just "playing along". :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.