Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Sheldon Hearn
To: Hirling Endre
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 20:20:50 +0200, Hirling Endre wrote:

> Just a note, I usually do it this way:
>
> exim -bpru | awk '{print $3}' | xargs -n 1 -P 40 exim -M
>
> of course adding the necessary -C parameters.
>
> I have the impression that this handles large queues better.

I took my lead from the Exim FAQ and use this shell script to maintain a
healthy number of queue runners:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Intended as a regular (5 minute) cron job. Chase the queue by
# gradually running more and more queue runners (up to a ceiling
# of 200). When the queue isn't hectic, this effectively just
# launches a short-lived queue runner once every 30 seconds.
#
# Requires a POSIX-compliant shell and utilities.
#
nx=`ps -auxwww|grep -c 'exim -q'`

if test $nx -lt 190 ; then
    for i in `jot 10`; do