Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Managing multiple spool_directories
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> My concern, however, is that exim child processes will not "inherit" the
> -C command-line option, so that either my mailshot messages will
> "escape" into the main spool, or that the queue runners will process the
> wrong spool.
>
> Can I rest assured that this won't happen?

well, without looking at the code, here's an idea how to verify it:

generate an exim.conf2 that does something simple and visible
differently with an address than the 'main' one and try to fully
deliver an actual message with it (even like making it listen on some
random port and connecting to that from the outside). as the child
that does the delivery is, well, a "child", this would clear things.

or, so do i think, at least...

--
[-]