Re: [Exim] Exim quick start - comments

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ceri
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Patrick Kirk
Υ/ο: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim quick start - comments
On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:46:24AM +0000, Patrick Kirk said:
> Hi all,
>
> Chris Seberino and I have put together this easy install HOWTO for Exim.
>
> If anyone sees any obvious gotchas, please let me know. Whether the
> security of the mail and log folders is correct is my last real area of
> concern.
>
> 6. Enabling Exim
> --------------------
>
> For historical reasons, many programs look for /usr/lib/sendmail to send
> mail so lets make this service available.
>
>     ln -s /usr/local/bin/exim /usr/lib/sendmail &&

>     ln -s /usr/local/bin/exim /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Might be worth mentioning how to deal with this if the above files already
exist (or at least mention that they might).

Also, may be worth mentioning mailwrapper for the BSDs.
(but you may not want to get bogged down in OS specific issues).

Ceri

--
I probably wouldn't like you. Really.
I really probably wouldn't like you.