Re: [Exim] .forward and external filters

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jason Majors
Υ/ο: Exim User
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] .forward and external filters
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jason Majors wrote:

> I have exim running to do my mail filtering through the .forward file. I
> have a Perl script that I want to run to format the incoming mail. I tried
> pipe, but that seems to be more of an external route, and I want something that
> will continue on to the next rule in my .forward file.

1. Pipes run later. You can't see the result in a filter file.

> Or would I have to have my external process write the
> mail to my inbox?

2. If you want to format the mail then that is the only way to do it.
You can't modify a message while Exim has it.

BUT BEWARE. If you have the pipe command write to your inbox you are
responsible for handling the locking. Remember that more than one
message may arrive simultaneously. You might find the exim_lock utility
helpful.