Re: [Exim] Rejecting all connections from non-local hosts

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Greg Ward
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Rejecting all connections from non-local hosts
On 03 September 2001, Philip Hazel said:
> Those who were involved in last week's thread on this topic might like
> to know that I am trying to get a BCP RFC started that explicitly says
> this.

Oh good: during that thread, I fired off an email to the admin of
rfc-ignorant.org, suggesting that he add a new zone for sites whose
primary MX doesn't answer port 25 connections. His response was that
may not be the most resource-friendly way to operate, but that it is
acceptable. It seems eminently sensible to me that there should be an
RFC discouraging this sort of behaviour.

Of course, what happens if there's an RFC that the admin of
rfc-ignorant.org disagrees with ... ? ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???