Re: [Exim] ETRN again...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Christian Froemmel
Aan: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] ETRN again...
At 12:43 04.09.01, you wrote:

Hi,

>I am using SMTP AUTH now. When C034 was written, the writer suggested that
>one patches Exim code so that MUAs like Netscape don't start prompting the
>user for asmtp passwd. In my case (Exim-3.33) I did not patch and this is
>happening. When C034 was written it was way back.
>So, what is (or was) Mr. Hazel's opinion on that idea of patching, if any?

Well, it is 'patched' already. Just take a look at the
'auth_always_advertise'-Switch. If you set it to false, it shows the
AUTH-Facility just to those clients which are not listed in your
'host_accept_relay' but in the 'host_auth_accept_relay'.

regards
Christian

--
Mailadministrator of the Clinic of Medicine "Benjamin Franklin" Berlin.