Re: [Exim] exim_rejectlog improvements

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim_rejectlog improvements
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, David Saez Padros wrote:

> - get rid of --------------- lines

They were supposed to make it easier when header lines are logged. I
think I've made some changes, but can't remember the details.

> - write a line for each local recipient the message was sent to

Can't. It hasn't done any sending at reject time.

> - host_reject rejections are done before knowing the recipient,
> maybe it will be not so bad to know the recipient before rejecting.

Yes. No rejections are done before RCPT in Exim 4.

> - recipients_reject_except makes to log lines, one saying it should be
> rejected and another telling that the recipient is on the exception
> list. This has no sense on the rejectlog (it should only have rejections)

Yes. That's also been cleaned up with the rewrite of policy controls in
Exim 4.