[Exim] Log Rotation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KP^2 - NOC
A: Exim List
Asunto: [Exim] Log Rotation
I guess my first question would be, do I need to rotate mainlog, paniclog,
and rejectlog?

And if so, I would really like to use newsyslog (this is on a FreeBSD 4.4
system), which I tried but encountered a problem. When newsyslog creates
the new log file, it is owned by root. If any of you have a work around in
place for this, I would love to hear it!! So, for now I just disabled
newsyslog (at least where the exim logs are concerned), and chown'd the log
files so the exim user was the owner. Here are my newsyslog conf lines for
exim:

/var/log/exim/mainlog                   644  7     *    @T00  Z
/var/log/exim/paniclog                  644  7     *    @T00  Z
/var/log/exim/rejectlog                 644  7     *    @T00  Z