Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Robert Lister
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Robert Lister wrote:

> I have a machine at work and a machine at home, and in both cases,
> majordomo and exim and my mailbox are all on the same box.

Aha. I presume, therefore, that Exim is deliving one copy of the message
to you, and one copy to majordomo. Majordomo is then expanding the list,
passing a new message back to Exim, and voila, it delivers a copy of
that message to you. You can check this by examining your Exim logs, and
also the Received: headers in the messages.

There isn't really anything Exim can do about this if my diagnosis is
correct.

> Is there some sort of thing I can say in the filter rules that
> means "if seen" ?

Not in the sense you want to use it.

> I'm not sure exactly why I'm getting two copies of something
> that has the same message-ID either.

Exim does not remember previously delivered message ids.

> I notice that on the first, there is a header:

> robl@???
>
> (this happens on non-mailing list traffic too.)

Run a test with -d9 to see what's going on.