Re: [Exim] Limiting sending and receiving mail with exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Lister
Aan: petri laatunen
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Limiting sending and receiving mail with exim
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:50:10AM +0300, petri laatunen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to make some limitations concerning receiving and sending
> out mail on my domain.
>
> The problem is as follows:
>
> I have a bunch of user accounts on my server. A part of them have rights
> to send and receive mail outside my domain. The rest of them are allowed
> to send and receive mail inside my domain, but not outside.

Hmm.

Could be easy to achieve if the users that have access and those that
don't are on different subnets, you just set:

host_accept_relay = 192.168.10.0/24

Where 192.168.10.0 is the network that you trust to send off-net messages
that are not covered by either local_domains or relay_domains.

Any other hosts wanting to send mail will be allowed to send mail only
for the domains you have in local_domains/relay_domains and not external
addresses.

If you have only a small number of users that you want to be able
to relay, you could put these into a file:

host_accept_relay = /some/list/of/good/hosts

Otherwise if this is not possible to do it on IP address, you will need
some way to lookup the user, and possibly with a system filter which
checks which user and the recipient domain and where they are not listed,
it does a "fail"....

Rob

--
Robert Lister    -        robl@???    -    http://www.lentil.org