[Exim] Re: Dynamically Loadable Modules

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason Robertson
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: Dynamically Loadable Modules (was Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware? )
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Dynamically Loadable Modules
Actually what would be nice, though outta of scope for us, for awhile.. would be like the DLL
option, that Windows does do, would be to have preloaded libraries, so they are in memory only
once.

But as for another option, dynamically loaded modules could make exim faster, in that it would
also mean, a module would only have to load what it needs to run, for example if you are sending
email, why load the code to receive email, if it will never get used.
The other benefit is that it can reduce memory requirements of exim, as you can load and unload
modules as needed.

Jason