Re: [Exim] Re: Still queuing mail for no reason

Author: John Burnham
To: patrick, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Still queuing mail for no reason
> But I have a permanent connection and exim is quing mails that I want to
> send out. For example, this mail will only be send if I log on a s root
> on another terminal and then exim -qf.
>
> Think I'll take a stock exim.conf from another Debian box and see if
> that works. Perhaps mine is missing some essential element.

How did you start the Exim process listening ? Have you got queue runners
running ? If you started it as a standalone daemon, did you do something
like
exim -bd -q15m
(sets exim running as a daemon and schedules a queue runner every 15
minutes) ?
If you're running it from inetd or xinetd did you set up a cron job to do a
queue run ?
John