Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Richard Welty
Aan: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:17:10 -0600, you wrote:

>I think that this is a valid point. If someone REALLY wants this feature, it
>could always be a compile time define wether or not Exim supports DSO. The
>default would be not to. Then add a configure paramater that will allow it
>to be enabled (--with-DSO-support). Warn in the configure script that
>enabling DSO support can slow the system down a LOT!

that would be an acceptable solution.

however,

1) i think that this is a frill, that shouldn't be allowed to
compromise progress towards exim 4

2) what if i need an exim w/o the dynamic loading, but also need
something that comes in a dynamically loaded module? there needs to be
a way to address this (i'm not familiar enough with the apache DSO
stuff to know whether this possibility is taken care of there.)

richard