[Exim] Exim Filters/folders

Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Lister
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders
Oops. forgot to change the subject on that last message.

I'll wake up now.

----- Forwarded message from Robert Lister <robl@???> -----

From: Robert Lister <robl@???>
To: Exim Users <exim-users@???>
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with SMTP AUTH
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:57:05 +0100

Hi,

I've got a niggling filter foldery type problem I'm wondering if somebody
else might have solved.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I'm on a lot of staff mailing lists that people mail to both me,
and cc: a staff mailing list, i.e.

To: me@???
cc: the-list@???

My filter is set to find anything that's (To:Cc) to the-list.net
and stash it in a folder.

Unfortunately this results in the copy that was intended for me
also ending up in the folder, and I get 2 copies in the folder.

One message contains:

and the other usually:

Or I can have it the other way around by moving the rule up,
I can have two copies in my inbox, where one should be filed in support.

Is there some fix for this involving message-ID's and things?

(Procmail has an ability to cache the message-ID and if it sees the
same message ID on a subsequent message, forget about it.
so I only ever get to see one copy of the message in the folder, not
two, which is what I want.)

Would appreciate any pointers anyone can give me.

Regards,

Rob

--
Robert Lister    -        robl@???    -    http://www.lentil.org