Re: [Exim] Help with SMTP AUTH

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Help with SMTP AUTH
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> SMTP AUTH with TLS/SSL:
>
> A strong point has been made for this. From my 'personal' inference, it
> would appear that a case has been made that it's the best
> implementation. The only limitation to it would be the certificates issue,
> which seems to draw mixed reactions.

you don't HAVE TO use certs for client identification. you however CAN
use certs for client identification. this is a big difference.

> TWO different passwords, one for dialup and one for POP3. I cannot enforce

have the same. i learned a friend of mine did something like ${lookup
radius{ for exim :> dunno how complete or usable though.. all you have
to do now is pop in a radius auth module in courier (if there's not
one already) and your clients have only one password that takes them
everywhere. and, as an added bonus, it doesn't cause you admin
headache.

--
[-]