Re: [Exim] Exim on webservers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ollie Cook
A: Sheldon Hearn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on webservers
On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 04:26:35PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:09:32 +0100, Ollie Cook wrote:
>
> > I fail to see your point here. If they are not able to affect the
> > envelope sender (a good thing), I will need to have a look at the
> > From: header, to determine which sender to block as I won't be
> > able to block a system user. (I still have no way of actually doing
> > this though - for all I know it might not even be possible in Exim
>
> But sender_reject doesn't look at From, it looks at the real sender
> address, in this case suexecuser@???.

Precisely! :) A non-suexec user will have the envelope sender as:

www@???

I can't go an block that because that will not allow ANY non-suexec'd
user to send mail.

However, sender_reject won't work anyway:

  The check is done on the sender's address as given in the MAIL
  command in SMTP, but not for local senders where the logged-in
  user's address is going to override anyway.

(from the Exim Specification)

> Isn't that what you want?

It'd be nice if it was - but I don't think it'll work! :)

Thanks,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065