Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarth…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Darren Wyn Rees
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarthost)
On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:

> I'm unable to configure exim to deliver remote mail to a smarthost.
> I've followed 28.5 from the FAQ, and I've tried a few other things.
> Mail is delivered directly via the appropriate MX, hence mail to
> netlink.co.uk is delivered via <something>.netlink.co.uk, whereas I want
> it delivered via mail.btinternet.com.
>
> /usr/exim/configure
>
> route_append:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = "* mail.btinternet.com byname"
>
> This is the only entry under 'routers'.

If that is the only entry under "routers", and netlink.co.uk is not in
"local_domains", and yet mail to netlink.co.uk is not sent to
mail.btinternet.com, then that configuration is not being used.

So, *why* is that configuration not being used? What do you get from

exim -bP configure_file

?
Is is using the correct configuration file? What do you get from

ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail
ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail

Does whichever of them exists on your system point to the Exim binary,
and does that binary use the configuration file you are talking about?

If the misdirected messages are arriving from a remote host, or by
TCP/IP to the local host, did you remember to HUP the daemon after
changing the configuration?

What is the output from

exim -d9 -bt xxx@???

?