Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarth…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Naylor
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarthost)
Darren Wyn Rees wrote...

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 03:47:41PM +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
>
> > > How do you configure exim to use a smarthost for all mail delivered ?
> >
> > by reading spec.txt, 28.5 Domainlist examples
>
> Tried it. Doesn't work for some reason.

Are you expecting everybody to spend their time guessing what your
configuration problem might be? Perhaps you could include a little more
detail about what "Doesn't work" means - debug output, for example.

I modified my remote_smtp transport as follows...

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
connect_timeout = 45s
hosts = relay.veriomail.com
gethostbyname = true
hosts_override = true
authenticate_hosts = *

... instead of using the stuff in section 28.5 of the docs. You'll
probably want to drop the authenticate_hosts line, and of course
change the relay hostname as required.

--
Pete Naylor