Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarth…

Author: Darren Wyn Rees
Subject: Re: [Exim] Installing exim on a dial-up box (to use a smarthost)
On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 06:04:04PM +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> do you really think "doesn't work for some reason" qualifies as a
> "detailed situation report" ?

I'm unable to configure exim to deliver remote mail to a smarthost.
I've followed 28.5 from the FAQ, and I've tried a few other things.
Mail is delivered directly via the appropriate MX, hence mail to
netlink.co.uk is delivered via <something>.netlink.co.uk, whereas I want
it delivered via mail.btinternet.com.

/usr/exim/configure

route_append:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* mail.btinternet.com byname"

This is the only entry under 'routers'.

--
Darren Wyn Rees            merlin@???