Re: [Exim] firewall blocking my smtp?

Author: Dan Egli
To: sickener, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] firewall blocking my smtp?
This is really getting to be a FAQ :>

Ok. Assuming your local network has it's own SMTP server and you are allowed
to relay off of it (i.e. if your server is mx1.domain1.com and you can send
messages to it that are meant for user261@???) then in your
exim.conf, add the following lines, ABOVE the lookuphost router:

smart_host:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
    route_list ="* <your network smtp server> byname"

For example, mine reads as:
smart_host:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp