Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Meredith
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > Personally I don't think Exim needs this,
> > although making internal stats available might be useful
>
> There aren't any internal stats! Exim does not have a single
> controlling process where such things could be gathered.

I don't think it would be impossible to generate some stats --- just
update some counters when the log entry is generated. Updating a single
counter file from multiple processes would be tricky, but not
impossible.

It isn't really necessary as the stats can be pulled from the mail
logs, but processing a 500,000 line log file can be a bit on the
painful side.
- --
mike.meredith@???                http://www.iso.port.ac.uk/~mike
Senior Informatics Officer (Postmaster, Hostmaster, and security)