Re: [Exim] Expansion variable for local_domains?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Expansion variable for local_domains?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:15:53 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> There isn't one. Why do you need it?

Basically as a foot-guard for the trigger-happy co-admin. :-)

Consider this director:

bounce_handler:
domains = foo.bar.com : baz.bar.com : buz.bar.com
local_parts = ^bounce-handler-
driver = smartuser
new_address = bouncer
headers_add = X-bounce-handler: $local_part

Every time the mail servers grows a new name and mail is sent from
bounce-handler-X-Y-Z@???, the bounce_handler director's domains
option must be updated, as well as the local_domains main configuration
option.

An easy mistake to make is to add new.bar.com to local_domains, but not
to the domains option of the bounce_handler director.

I'm using the domains option because I don't want _outbound_ mail
intended for bounce-handler-subscriber@??? to be mismanaged.

I can live without this functionality. I just prefer not to duplicate
configuration information.

> Apart from general clutter, one of the reasons for not providing it is
> that local_domains is not, in general, just a list of domains.

I won't pretend to understand, and I don't need to. I'll trust that the
author of the software knows what he's talking about and tackle more
important problems. :-)

Thanks,
Sheldon.