RE: [Exim] archiving outgoing mail on remote host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] archiving outgoing mail on remote host
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:32:51 +0200 Bernard Stern wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a clever trick to archive outgoing mails
> (ie routed by routers) on a remote host without a new message being
> generated, something à la smarthost driver for directors).
> This will probably be possible in Exim 4, but if someone could
> direct my to some trick on Exim 3, that would be really great.
> I'm currently using Exim 3.20 on SUN/Solaris 8.

(...)

Answering my own mail, I found a solution to my problem of last evening.
I have put the following lines in my system filter, which does exactly
the right job

# archive outgoing mails from HD2ARC-users

# we need to check the sender host address for outgoing mails;
# potentially, lusers will be sending from the A, B and C subnets.
if ($sender_host_address is "" or $sender_host_address is 127.0.0.1
  or $sender_host_address begins "xx.xx.A."
  or $sender_host_address begins "xx.xx.B."
  or $sender_host_address begins "xx.xx.C.")
and ${domain:$sender_address} matches "somedomain" then
    if ${lookup{${lc:$sender_address_local_part}}lsearch{/home/exim/cfg/TABLES/HD2ARC-users}{yes}{no}} is "yes" then
      unseen deliver my_special_archiver_address@my_archive_host
    endif
endif

I adapted the solution outlined in the Exim advanced course notes.
So thanks Philip :-))

Bernard Stern, SWITCH