著者: barry
To: Tamas TEVESZ
題目: Re: [Exim] Netscape/Mozilla auth
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:48:23AM +0200, Tamas TEVESZ mumbled:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, barry wrote:
>  >   public_name = PLAIN
>                    ^^^^^
>                    ^^^^^
>  >   server_condition = "${if crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:} \
>                                       ^^
>                                       ^^
>  > any help? other things I should have considered and are staring me in the
>  > face? thanks for any help
> like _carefully_ reading the relevant parts of spec ? with the plain
> method, what are you getting from exim in which variable ?

okay, I'll admit that was stolen from a debian testing default exim config :)
I'd been trying to do it making sense of the spec most of the evening, and
generally failing, but I guess that the relevant section would be this

The PLAIN authentication mechanism (RFC 2595) specifies that three strings be
sent with the AUTH command. The second and third of them are a user/password
pair. Using a single fixed user and password as an example, this could be
configured as follows:

and that I should then be using $3 to be he password checking up on

--
-Barry Hughes
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers