Re: [Exim] No route to host - tried everything!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sandro Magi
A: exim-users
Cc: smagi
Asunto: Re: [Exim] No route to host - tried everything!
>Try making a test SMTP connection by hand, eg:
>
>telnet mc2.law5.hotmail.com 25
>
>If that doesnt work, then exim wont be able to make a connection either.
>You'll have to find out why that wont work.

Excellent! It seems this does not work for the numerous hosts I have tried;
it always produces "No route to host". Is it possible that my ISP might
block outgoing smtp connections while allowing inbound ones? Is this the
source of the problem? I have tried telneting to my isp's smtp server on
port 25, and that does work, so it can't be my firewall setup. It seems it
might indeed be my isp. Those bastards! :-( Thank you very much for all
your help guys! I appreciate it.

It appears my isp's Acceptable Use Policy has the following requirement:
---
You are prohibited to use your account in conducting activities that
include, but are not limited to:

· Using an Internet host's resources in a manner not authorized by its
administrators. This includes mail relaying.

---

Does having my own personal mail server fall under this category? I don't
relay mail for anyone but myself(my own internal network), and I'm not using
any other host's resources(beyond my connection to the isp). I guess it's
best to contact my isp for clarification... Thanks again! :-)

Sincerely,
Sandro