Re: [Exim] Help with Exim/Procmail Dlvry

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Help with Exim/Procmail Dlvry

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:05:21 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> Sheldon _must_ have missed the fact that some Servers have users who have
> different levels of access - shell, ftp-only, e-mail ;-)
> I want to treat all of them equally when it gets to mail.

Next time, mention this to me. Talking about things someone must have
missed on a public mailing list without actually approaching them
directly can be misinterpreted, even when they are list members.

I don't think so. What you and Suresh are arguing for is for Exim to
automagically use an arbitrarily named procmail filter if it exists on
disk.

1) I don't like it when automagical things happen when an arbitrarily
named file exists.

2) This change would make the FreeBSD ports for Exim depend on procmail.
Lots of people neither want nor need procmail.

I feel very strongly about the second point; the first is just personal
preference.

Ciao,
Sheldon.