Re: [Exim] How do I delete frozen messages?

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I delete frozen messages?
* Peter Radcliffe <pir@???> [20010815 20:56]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] How do I delete frozen messages?'
Peter> Nils Ketelsen <nils@???> probably said:
Peter> > On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 04:29:39PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
Peter> > > Please allow me to also jump into the 'mix' and tell me if what I use is
Peter> > > okay. In simple terms I just delete the frozen messages and those that I
Peter> > > call headerless - the ones with <>
Peter>
Peter> They aren't headerless, they have an envelope sender of "<>", which is used
Peter> for bounce messages amongst other things.
Peter>
Peter> > > I use the 2 scripts below:
Peter> > > To delete frozen,
Peter> > >
Peter> > > #!/bin/sh
Peter> > > mailq | grep frozen | awk '{print "exim -Mrm " $3}' > mailfile
Peter> > > sh mailfile
Peter> > And what about Mails to or from, for example, frozen@???
Peter> > Could be some false positives here.
Peter>
Peter> Yep.
Peter>
Peter> Also reinventing the wheel. I wrote a script to delete selected frozen
Peter> (and other types) messages some time ago, it's in the exim contrib
Peter> section on the ftp site;
Peter>
Peter> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Contrib/scripts/eximclean

I knew it. I can always depend on this list to see loopholes. My scripts
to the bit bucket. Heading to ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk ;-)

You guys are just great!

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

How like a winter hath my absence been. From thee, the pleasure of the
fleeting year! What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen, What old
December's bareness everywhere!
-William Shakespeare