[Exim] "relay_domains_include_mx"

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] "relay_domains_include_mx"
Hi,

I want exim to be backup mx for another server (let's say mail.example.net),
that hosts mail for several domains. Since I don't want to continously add
new domains to relay_domains I wonder if it's possible to do relaying based
on checking if mail.example.net is mx for the rcpt-domain. I don't want to
use relay_domains_include_local_mx to avoid somebody unauthorized using the
mail server als backup mx.
Something like relay_domains with a dns-query would be perfect, but that's
not possible.

Or maybe I can use "hosts_treat_as_local = mail.example.net"? If I'm right,
exim does a dns-lookup for the rcpt-domain and if itself (equals
mail.example.net with this option) is in the mx-records, it will accept the
mail, but it will not really treat it as local until the rcpt-domain is in
local_domains. If yes, does this have any side effects I should be aware of?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Jakob Hirsch
Netlight GmbH, Okenstraße 24, 77652 Offenburg