Re: [Exim] repost: director options: what is faster?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: V. T. Mueller
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] repost: director options: what is faster?
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, V. T. Mueller wrote:

> reroute_virmail:
> driver = smartuser
> domains = ${lookup mysql {select distinct domain from avdomains where
> domain like '${quote_mysql:$domain}'}{$value}}
> condition = "${if eq {$sender_host_name}{MY_AVRELAY} {0}{1}}"
> transport = avrelay_queue
>
> and am now wondering if it's a difference to have the mysql lookup and the
> condition in two different options. Should I better use one `if and {eq..
> {eq.. ` statement? About 1/3 of domains get scanned.

I'm in an "RTFM mood" this afternoon. This *is* documented. In section
20.1 (Skipping directors and routers) it says:

The order of testing the options which are expanded strings is:
"domains", "local_parts", "require_files", "senders", "condition". When any
test fails, no further expansions are done.

Therefore, it is doing to do the mysql lookup first, so it won't make
much difference.