Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD
* Dr Andrew C Aitchison <A.C.Aitchison@???> [20010815 13:07]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD'
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>
> > First, chmod 1777 /var/mail, chmod +t /var/mail
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Then make sure the files inside /var/mail (mailboxes) are 0660 permission
> But if you can deliver as user (not possible if they don't have a user id)
> you could make the mailboxes 0600.

Absolutely. That is what I decided to do. I changed the mode on the
director to 0600 and it delivers okay. The mode on /var/mail is 1777.

Suresh said " First, chmod 1777 /var/mail, chmod +t /var/mail"
Already 1777 inserted the sticky bit (in FreeBSD that I use but I'll test
with Linux ;-) ) so there is no more need for chmod +t

Thanks a zillion for all who helped me figure this out.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Whenever men take the law into their own hands, the loser is the law. And when
the law loses, freedom languishes.
-Robert Francis Kennedy