Re: [Exim] mail system without unix users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wayne Pascoe
A: Gabor Gludovatz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] mail system without unix users
Gabor Gludovatz <ggabor@???> writes:

> Hello,
>
> as far as I know, exim is able to get usernames and virtual domains from a
> mysql database, but for my system I do not want to create linux users at
> all.
>
> I'd like to keep the users' emails in a mysql database, and I want exim to
> deliver to these 'mysql mailboxes'. And of course I would need a pop3
> daemon, which is able to get mails from mysql.

Look at vmail-sql - http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/vmail-sql/

The only thing you have to be prepared for is to deal with the
overhead involved. Every incoming e-mail triggers a connection to a
mysql database and possibly several queries.

However testing so far has shown it performing quite well on my
systems. I will start to scale it up to handle more domains today and
see how it goes.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@???