Re: [Exim] "Japan arrests woman for email snooping"

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Exim Users
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] "Japan arrests woman for email snooping"
On 14 Aug 2001, at 10:09, jon@??? wrote:
> Dont you think a laywer in <insert your country here> is better
> "suited" for answering that question ??

I can poin to a sentence in Italy. That one was about paper mail,
but is very easily applicable to e-mail :
It is not considered illegal to snoop to private mail, if found _open_
on the other person desk, unless you enter his office with fraud or
violence.
Thios could turn to e-mail in sayng "if you read the e-mail of
another person before he read for the first time, it is illegal, but if
you just found it on a publicly readable folder (even if left there by
mistake or due to OS fault) and you read it is not illegal."

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze