[Exim] exim delivering as user nobody - resolved

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wayne Pascoe
A: DES, sheldonh
Cc: Exim User
Asunto: [Exim] exim delivering as user nobody - resolved
I (or more accurately the packet fairies) seem to have resolved this
problem.

Before going to lunch, I did the following :

chmod 777 /var/spool/mail/SERVERS

sendmail -v wayne@???
Subject: Test

tesitng.
.

It created the directory /var/spool/mail/servers/molemanarmy.com owned
by nobody:nobody
It then dumped the message into a file named wayne in that directory,
also owned by nobody:nobody.

I shut down exim, and peered at the config file for a while. Then
restarted exim and ran the sendmail again. The message was appended to
that file. I shut down exim, removed molemanarmy.com/* and restarted
exim. Another message also created a file owned by nobody:nobody.

I shutdown exim, rm -rf /var/spool/mail/servers/molemanarmy.com and
went to lunch.

I came back from lunch, restarted exim, sent a message while staring
at the logs, and watched it deliver correctly. the directory and the
file were created with the correct permissions.

I have no idea what changed or why it was delivering as nobody in the
first place, but it seems to be working.

thanks for all the suggestions and assistance!

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@???