Re: [Exim] Multiple exim daemons

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gary Palmer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Multiple exim daemons
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Since the PID and the time are in there, I doubt very VERY much that
> the entire PID space can be cycled through in one second. Any other
> gotchas I should be aware of? I'm smart enough to only have -q <time>
> specified on one of the daemons :)

I learned last week that on AIX, PIDs do not cycle. However, it seems
that even AIX doesn't re-use the same PID in the same second.

There should be no problem at all. Not even if you have -q on both or
them. After all, messages coming in by other routes (command line,
inetd) all arrive via independent processes.