Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD
* Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> [20010814 12:19]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim-3.32 on FreeBSD'
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> > while running Exim as exim:mail, it refuses to do local deliveries to
> > /var/mail/$local_part because, as it says "the files there have the wrong
> > mode", which is 600.
>
> it sound be 0660 ${username}:mail ?

That should be okay, I guess but I have users on wheel group that have
theirs as ${username}:wheel

> > /var/mail is owned by root:mail. Do I change the permissions on mail?
>
> 4755 root:mail ?

1777 root:mail

When I removed the mode on the director, it worked and so I am wondering
if I need to change

mode = 0600

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even vegetarians.
-Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4