[Exim] Re: Nice way to cut down on spam.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: exim list subscriber
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Nice way to cut down on spam.
In message <Pine.LNX.4.33.0108140850270.19654-100000@???>
Juha Saarinen writes:

> Hey... that would be a nice feature for Exim... a simple way to create and
> maintain a file or database of blocked senders. I don't mean keeping the
> addresses in exim.conf -- wouldn't it be good to have an "exim_blocked"
> file (e.g) for lookups, without exim.conf ju-ju?

Along those lines is something that I've thought about, and only
partly done:

In the system filter, catch all messages that include spambait recipients,
and deliver the message to the spamtrap mailbox. Kind of like this

   if foranyaddress $recipients
      ( ${localpart:$thisaddress} is "bait" )
   then
      log $message_headers
      deliver spamtrap
      finish
   endif

Spamtrap is a bot userid that runs procmail to rip apart the headers
and update whatever database.

Since I'm a small site, rather than deliver to a spamtrap, I simply
deliver to a blackhole. Anything that is addressed to a bait address
and also a regular user is spam. No doubt about it, here. Logging
the headers allows me to eyeball the details, and tweak the filters
accordingly.

--
Randall Raemon
shikahrsoho.com, email to postmaster, among other accounts...