[Exim] director options: what is faster?

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] director options: what is faster?

Hello,

For some domains I use a MX with amavis. Now I added the "normal" MX as a
fallback in the DNS. An application creates a table of domains that have
to be scanned. In case of the amavis host being unavailable, mail shall be
queued for delivery to the (resurrected) amavis host before local
delivery. Therefore, I just set up (works fine):

reroute_virmail:
driver = smartuser
domains = ${lookup mysql {select distinct domain from avdomains where
domain like '${quote_mysql:$domain}'}{$value}}
condition = "${if eq {$sender_host_name}{MY_AVRELAY} {0}{1}}"
transport = avrelay_queue

and am now wondering if it's a difference to have the mysql lookup and the
condition in two different options. Should I better use one `if and {eq..
{eq.. ` statement? About 1/3 of domains get scanned.

Regards,
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"