RE: [Exim] NFS with EXIM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matt Zito
A: 'Philip Hazel', Suresh Ramasubramanian
Cc: jai.s, exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] NFS with EXIM

While it is generally safe to use mbox format over nfs, there are a lot of
problems associated with it - race conditions, etc. We also use network
appliance filers and ran into a problem once where the lock daemon on the
filer hung - for which there's no workaround other than rebooting the filer.
With maildir we could continue running even with no locking available.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew J. Zito