Re: [Exim] Delivery of a message to many mailboxes AND chang…

Author: Richard Welty
To: Kangoo Kangoo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delivery of a message to many mailboxes AND changing error messages
first of all, while i realize that you're using hotmail and may not
have any options, nonetheless sending html only to a mailing list is
somewhat antisocial (can we get demime put in as a filter for messages
sent to this list, anyone?)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:27:14, kangooh@??? wrote:
> From what I read on the Forum, it seems not to be possible to modify the error messages. Is that true,
> does it concern older versions of Exim.

hmmm. there is some provision for modifying the error messages, as
described in "The Book" in chapter 19, and if you are generating
errors as a result of action in a filter, you can supply your own text
for those errors; see the sample system filter on the exim web site
for an example of generating error messages in filter files.

now what i would like to do, and still haven't figured out, is how to
reject a message from a sender who isn't permitted to send to a
mailing list, and generate my own error text. it appears the current
set of facilities almost but doesn't quite permit this. i can almost
do it with a system filter; i can almost do it with a condition plus a
string expansion -- but not quite in either case.

richard