Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jakob Hirsch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> > > domains = /etc/exim/mailforward
> > > route_list = "* mail.something.de bydns_a"
> > route_list = lsearch;;/etc/exim/mailforward mail.something.de byname
>
> Which one would you recommend? (Yes, I've read "6.2 An lsearch file is
> not an item list".)

I doubt there's anything much to choose between them.

> PS: Do you have read my original posting? Maybe you know a method to set
> the IP address of the delivering processes.

Can't remember it (I was at IETF all week, and skipping as much as I
could :-). For setting an outgoing IP address, check out the "interface"
option of the smtp transport.

Wait, I think I *did* answer it. Oh, no, that was this question:

> is it possible to specify a port to which to connect to when sending
> messages to a machine as in route_list ?

Indirectly, yes. You can specify a transport in a route_list, and you
can specify a port in a transport.

However, the same answer applies to setting the outgoing address.