Re: [Exim] Header syntax - mailer persists retrying mail to …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Alan J. Flavell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Header syntax - mailer persists retrying mail to us after rejection
On 11 Aug 2001, at 13:11, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> We currently have the following embarrassing scenario. Please excuse
> me if I don't actually name the site that is making these attempts,
> but the reason should become obvious.
> As a matter of policy, we have set the option to check for valid mail
> headers.
> headers_check_syntax = true
> A sender is currently trying to send us a mail with at least a hundred
> or so addressees in the To: header (exim stops logging them after
> that), at least one of which is syntactically invalid. So we reject
> the mail on the syntax error, and I'm taking it for granted that exim
> does this correctly with a permanent error code. (If the addressee

Is possible to set an accept rule that if there are more than one to
address, and at least one is sintactically correct.
Consider this case:
To: Surname, Name <goodemail@???>
instead of
To: Surname Name <goodemail@???>

Unless surname is a local user it is likely the first message will be
rejected, althought it is clear what is the error and who is the
recipient.
At my site i had some user that received very often messages this
way, by -if possible- aliasing the misspell reduced by about 405 the
postmaster work.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile